I decided to make some furies, just for variation for my list, and also for a bit of speed. Are they any good? Who knows, but I had the idea a while ago, and wanted to see if I could make it work. Hopefully, you'll let me know if they have!
I've seen harpy conversions for dark elf armies that convert daemonettes with wings on their backs, which I don't think really worked. Yeah, they're lithe little things, but you'll need a decent pair of wings to fly! So I had the idea of putting tyranid harpy wings on the shoulders of daemonettes. I was also going to put tyranid genestealer claws on their feet, but decided against it - too much faffing, and feet looked ok as they were.
The models came out much better than I thought they would!
So, here are the 6 furies (if you're going to do a themed list, you might as well do it right!).
I got chance tonight to test paint one of the furies as well.
I've gone for a dark grey (50/50 chaos black and shadow grey - just like my bloodletters of old). I've kept the skin in the wings the grey my daemonettes will have as their skin, just to help visually tie them in, whilst showing they're not [i]actually[/i] slaaneshi on the table top.
I've gone for a darker look all together, avoiding using the bright pink that is warlock purple (lets face it, it IS pink).
The wings I've tried to paint on some veins, just for extra creepiness. It's quite shiny because I've badab black washed it all.
I've tried to get a view with a standard daemonette and some decent views of the wings. Let me know what you all think!